As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases made on waterdiversions.com. If you make a purchase through links from this website, we may get a small share of the sale from Amazon and other affiliate programs.
When you want to start looking to upgrade your stock paddle board pump, you may want just to jump in and make a purchase but you should choose a new pump based on a few core needs.
The first thing is that all sup pumps are not universal, there are many different tip options that may be needed depending on the board you own and the pump you plan to purchase.
So, you may wonder, are all sup pumps the same? Where the pump itself may be very similar, there are differences between each type of pump, especially in the PSI they can inflate to along with controls and connectors, iRocker offers some high-quality pumps directly over here.
Choosing the best paddle board air pump for your needs will come down to a few core points, what PSI does your paddle board need to be inflated to and do you want to have a battery-powered or wall/car-powered pump?
|Top Top Top||GILI Electric Paddle Board Pump||20||GILI Electric Paddle Board Pump - 20 PSI, Digital Gauge, Dual Stage Inflation & Auto Off Feature, Deflation Functions, 12V DC Car Connector - Stand Up Paddle Board Accessories||Prime||Buy Now|
|TopTop Top Top||OutdoorMaster Shark||20||OutdoorMaster Shark High Pressure SUP Pump - Electric Air Pump with 20 PSI Active Cooling System Dual Stage Inflation & Auto-Off for Inflatable Paddle Board, Boats, Water Sports Inflatables -2nd Gen||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top Top||Seamax SUP20D||20||Seamax SUP20D 20PSI Double Stage Electric Air Pump for Inflatable SUP and Boat, New Version Intelligent Firmware with Built-in Temperature Sensor and Voltage Protection||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top||Serenelife SL PUMP 50||16||Electric SUP Air Pump Compressor - 16PSI Rechargeable SUP Pump 12V Stand Up Paddle Board Electric Pump Inflator/Deflator - Portable Air Compressor for SUP, Boat, Pool Inflatables - Serenelife SLPUMP50||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top||OutdoorMaster - The Cachalot||20||OutdoorMaster 20PSI High Pressure SUP Air Pump The Cachalot - Intelligent Dual Stage Inflation & Auto-Off, Deflation Function, 12V DC Car Connector for Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards, Boats||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||awesafe SUP Air Pump||20||awesafe 20PSI Electric SUP Air Pump with 7800mAh Rechargable Battery for Inflatable Paddle Boards, High Pressure, Dual Stage Inflation, Auto-Off, Deflation Function, AC Adapter & 12V DC Car Connector||Prime||Buy Now|
Best Electric SUP Pumps
Electric pumps can do most of the work while you sit back and relax, allowing you to be ready for the water without expending so much up front!
Best Electric Pump for Standard Paddle Boards – OutdoorMaster Shark
What is the best electric pump for SUP use, well I believe your perfect choice is the OutdoorMaster Shark, this is one of the most powerful and fast pumps you can get to get out on the water fast and simple!
Key Features of the OutdoorMaster Shark
- FROST ACTIVE COOLING SYSTEM – The one and only SUP electric air pump with active cooling system up to 20PSI FOR 3 BOARDS IN A ROW – Enjoy a sleekly designed paddle board pump with fast, high pressure inflation and consistent cooling system – Made to Share!
- FAST & POWERFUL DUAL STAGE & AUTO OFF FOR EASY INFLATION – Automatic dual stage pump: 1st stage for MAXIMUM SPEED at 350L/min and 2nd stage for MAXIMUM PRESSURE at 70L/min. The AUTO-OFF FUNCTION turns the pump off when target pressure is reached when inflating. When packing up the deflation function will MAKE DEFLATING QUICK & EASY.
- 12V DC CAR CONNECTOR & FULL SET NOZZLES ATTACHMENTS – Connects to your car’s 12V DC connector. Features a 12A fuse for increased safety. Comes with full set of nozzles to fit most high pressure inflatables including C7 & H3 valve.
- DIGITAL DISPLAY WITH REAL TIME PRESSURE MONITORING – Use the digital display to set your desired pressure and monitor the pressure in real time. PUMPING HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER!
- ECO-FRIENDLY & TEST-APPROVED – The SHARK has gone through rigorous testing and has both CA65 and CE certifications. Durable quality and eco-friendly material offer a promising summer journey.
Pros to the OutdoorMaster Shark
Ability to Inflate Multiple Paddle Boards – For anyone who has a family or a friend who likes to come paddle boarding the ability to have a single pump complete both boards for you with speed is vital, this pump is perfect for those occasions.
Fast Times to Fill – Many stated that their standard SUPs. were filled in less than 8-10 minutes, and with this benefit comes not exhausting yourself with manual pumping prior to hard paddle adventures!
Long Power Cord – Easy to fill at a distance, no need to be right outside the car door to run pump and inflate.
Cons to the OutdoorMaster Shark
Lack of a Carrying Case – There is no bag that holds the whole package together when you are traveling so the loss of hardware if not well thought out is possible.
Pump Tires Out Fast in Hot Weather – Many have said once it moves above the 80-85 degree range the pump will begin to overheat faster which stops you from inflating multiple boards without a break inbetween.
OutdoorMaster Shark Customer Feedback
Overall people have solid love for this pump as it allows for multiple paddle boards being completed in a faster time while you spend time managing the rest of your gear setup, whether on the beach or not. – Read More Amazon Reviews
Best Electric Battery Operated SUP Pump – Dskeuzeew
Most pumps require an external power source, be it a wall outlet or a car power outlet to allow you to inflate your paddle board. With the Dskeuzeew you are able to instead inflate your paddle board in any location due to using a battery to power the pump giving you freedom!
Key Features of the Dskeuzeew
- 20PSI ELECTRIC HIGH PRESSURE AIR PUMP: Designed for iSUP, Air Mattresses, Inflatables Boats and other inflatable device. And it supports automatic deflatation
- FAST AND POWERFUL DUAL STAGE INFLATION SYTEM AND ACTIVE COOLING SYSTEM: Automatic dual stage pump: Max speed at 350L/min for the 1st stage; Max speed at 70L/min for 2nd stage. All stages come with cooling systerm running.
- LCD DISPLAY WITH REAL TIME PRESSURE MONITORING AND AUTO-OFF FUNCTION: Use the digital display to pre-set your desired pressure value and monitor the pressure in real time.The AUTO-OFF FUNCTION, the compressor turns off when it reaches the pre-set value.
- POWERED BY BATTERY OR 12V DC CAR CONNECTOR & FULL SET NOZZLES ATTACHMENTS: Built-in 7800mah Battery, easy and fast to inflate up 3 paddle boards, or connects to your car’s 12V DC connector to make it work. Features a 12A fuse for increased safety. Comes with full set of nozzles to fit most high pressure inflatables including C7 & H3 valve.
- PORTABLE AIR PUMP: You can take the air pump to anywhere after it is full charged.
Pros to the Dskeuzeew
Internal Battery – Unlike the other pumps on this list this pump comes with a battery which allows you to use it far away from a car or other outlet allowing you to take it farther.
Quiet Running – This pump is good to have if you want a overall quieter experience while inflating your paddle board, many say at less than 20 feet away it is only a hum!
Multiple Charging Options – You can recharge this in multiple ways, from using the power in your car or once back home on a normal power outlet!
Cons to the Dskeuzeew
Little Slower Than Other Pumps – Overall most people have said that to fill a normal SUP takes 10-15 minutes, this means you have to wait a bit longer to play.
awesafe Sup Air Plus Customer Feedback
For most customers the overwhelming feeling is that this comes in at a tremendous value to their ability to enjoy their time outside, exploring and finding unique launch points! – Read More Amazon Reviews
Best Electric SUP Pump For Beginners – The Cachalot
The Cachalot is super easy to use and simple to carry and operate, it has a super helpful 2 phase approach to filling your SUP using fast air to do a majority of the fill, then following it with a slower stage to reach maximum pressure.
Key Features of the The Cachalot
- UP TO 20PSI PUMP FOR ALL YOUR FRIENDS: Enjoy a sleekly designed paddle board pump with fast, high pressure inflation – Made to Share!
- FAST & POWERFUL DUAL STAGE & AUTO OFF FOR EASY INFLATION: Automatic dual stage pump: 1st stage for MAXIMUM SPEED at 350L/min and 2nd stage for MAXIMUM PRESSURE at 70L/min. The AUTO-OFF FUNCTION turns the pump off when target pressure is reached when inflating. When packing up the deflation function will MAKE DEFLATING QUICK & EASY.
- 12V DC CAR CONNECTOR & FULL SET NOZZLES ATTACHMENTS: Connects to your car’s 12V DC connector. Features a 12A fuse for increased safety. Comes with full set of nozzles to fit most high pressure inflatables including C7 & H3 valve.
- DIGITAL DISPLAY WITH REAL TIME PRESSURE MONITORING: Use the digital display to set your desired pressure and monitor the pressure in real time. PUMPING HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER!
- ECO-FRIENDLY & TEST-APPROVED: The Cachalot has gone through rigorous testing and has CE certifications. Durable quality and eco-friendly material offer a promising summer journey.
Pros to the The Cachalot
Dual Phase Air Inflation – The Cachalot air pump is able to fill your paddle board fast and efficiently as it begins to fill at an incredibly fast 350/L min to get the full initial fill and then switches to a much more slow finish at 70/L min until max pressure is reached.
Easy Set Auto Shutoff – When you set your wanted pressure the pump will continue to fill your paddle board until the specific pressure is reached, then it will automatically turn off to prevent causing problems!
Cons to the The Cachalot
Noisy Second Stage – The first stage is pretty quiet as it does the initial filling but the second stage that finishes it to maximum pressure can become a little bit loud.
The Cachalot Customer Feedback
Overall reviewers have said that this is more than worth the cost as it is easy to use along with allowing you to run multiple paddle boards to full without overheating in most uses. – Read More Amazon Reviews
Budget Electric SUP Pump – SereneLife Premium
If finding a perfect pump that is a good cost is what you are looking for you will have a perfect match in this pump from SereneLife, this pump is very easy to operate and can get the job done for you without much pain and suffering. This pump also comes with the choice to have an internal battery that can give you even more flexibility.
Key Features of the SereneLife Premium
- PRESET FUNCTION – Intelligent DC electric pump with adjustable PSI air pressure setting showing preset pressure selection. Auto shut off when desired pressure is reached preventing damage to your inflatables, SUP, or pool toys
- DETACHABLE AIR HOSE – 3.3 feet heavy duty accordion style extension air hose with high pressure valve fitting for reliable high pressure use & 12 Volts DC car vehicle connection.
- DIGITAL DISPLAY – Inflates your SUP stand up paddle board or beach toys from 0-16 PSI in just minutes with simple & easy to use touch button controls & digital LCD display
- COMPACT & PORTABLE DESIGN – Button adjustable PSI air output settings for compatibility with a wide variety of SUP paddle boards, water sports toys and pool inflatables
- MULTI UNIT DISPLAY – Unit select button lets you choose from psi, KPA or mbar. SereneLife SUP pump brought to you by one of the most trusted names in the market and manufactured to the highest quality
Pros to the SereneLife Premium
Significantly Reduces the Effort in Getting on the Water – Click a couple buttons and watch it inflate for you while you continue to enjoy your day, gone are the sweaty days hand pumping away!
Excellent Customer Service – Should you have issues they provide strong, quality customer assistance which has led to overall enjoyment in the brand.
Cons to the SereneLife Premium
Slower To Full Inflation and Pressure – Many have experienced that the fill takes a little longer on this pump than the more expensive pumps that are available.
SereneLife Premium Customer Feedback
Many are very happy with performance even into the high 90’s and that it doesn’t appear to have as many issues as other pumps in needing to cool down before another use, very happy with customer service and ease of setup to use. – Read More Amazon Reviews
Best SUP Hand Pumps
What if you like hand pumps and just want to keep using a hand pump but would like a little faster or more efficient action? Well there are a lot of options after market that can fill this for you without the higher expense and noise that comes from a electric pump, we discuss the top 4 options below:
What is the Best Hand Pump for Standard Paddle Boards – Supflex High Pressure Hand Pump
Being able to pump on the up and down motion along with helping you create up to 27 PSI means that you can fill nearly any inflatable SUP you could ever purchase! This double action hand pump is durable and features a high flow pump with an integrated pressure gauge. The double action function allows you to pump air on both the push down and pull up on the handle, reducing the time you need to inflate your board.
Key Features of the Supflex High Pressure Hand Pump
- High-pressure pump inflates up to 27 psi for amazing rigidity
- Compatible with any inflatable paddle board on the market
- Dual-action at low pressure inflates when you push down and pull up for faster inflation
- Integrated pressure gauge lets you see your pressure while inflating
- Pump design allows low effort
- Features a taller unit for ease pumping
- Extra resistant inflation hose
- New handle with great grip
- Built in pressure gauge 0.2 bar (0-29psi) replaceable
Pros to the Supflex High Pressure Hand Pump
Works for SUPs and Boats – Dual use allows this to serve more than one role for someone looking for a hand pump for all their needs. All Stand up Paddle Board Brands on the market can be inflated with this pump with ease.
Fast Inflation of most Inflatable Boats – 3x Quicker than a foot pump (80% of boat brands)
Cons to the Supflex High Pressure Hand Pump
Questionable Gauge Quality – Many have said their gauge didn’t read correctly, while irritating it is also replaceable unlike many devices.
Best Inflatable SUP Hand Pump For Large Jobs – THURSO SURF Inflatable Paddle Board Pump
With the ability to inflate on both the up and down stroke, the Double Quick pump can inflate your SUP, boat, pool and many other inflatable items in half the time.
Key Features of the THURSO SURF Inflatable Paddle Board Pump
- FAST INFLATION – This high-pressure pump inflates up to 29 psi. Using this hand pump, you can pump up your inflatable paddle board just in as little as a few minutes!
- RELIABLE AND DURABLE MATERIAL – The hand pump is built from heavy duty materials ensuring it is very sturdy and durable. The pump is equipped with a long inflatable hose along with a snap-on joint design, suitable for high-pressure valves making it difficult to fall off.
- DOUBLE ACTION MODE – Designed to pump air on both up and down strokes, this double action pump maximizes airflow, making inflating fast and simple.
- PORTABLE AND COMPACT BODY – Durable hand pump is simple to use, stores easily, and is portable enough to take with you anywhere.
- MULTIPURPOSE – Compatible with any inflatable paddle board on the market. Perfect for inflatable SUP, boat, and kayak, etc.
Pros to the THURSO SURF Inflatable Paddle Board Pump
Double Action Pump Mechanism – The ability to fill your SUP on the up and down motion without issue allows filling with optimum speed and efficiency.
Able to Fill to High PSI Without Issue – This pump can handle up to 29 PSI which allows you to fill all kinds of inflatables including iSUPs to boats or kayaks making it very multi purpose.
Best Inflatable SUP Hand Pump For Beginners – H2OSUP
This simple hand pump from H2OSUP is high quality, allowing for quick inflation while being exceptionally lightweight & portable. This makes transportation and use a cinch for the beginner to enjoy riding and less time pumping.
Key Features of the H2OSUP
- Reliable and Durable Material:Made of aluminum alloy and PP pump body, ABS valve, our hand pump is very sturdy and durable
- High Pressure Pump: The high pressure pump pumps low volume of air with each pumping motion. It allows the board to reach a higher air pressure which is good for achieving maximum performance from the board
- Easy to Use:With pressure gauge allows you to grasp the pressure value and control it to the appropriate air pressure when use it
Budget Inflatable SUP Hand Pump – Goplus Double Action
If you are looking for a sup hand pump to set up and roll up your inflatable paddle board, our dual action SUP hand pump is a great choice. Lightweight enough, take it with your SUP wherever you go. A convenient tool to inflate and deflate your SUP.
Key Features of the Goplus Double Action
- Aluminum alloy and PP pump body, ABS valve, durable for last long time use
- High-pressure pump inflates up to 29 psi
- Very fast inflation, pump up your inflatable paddle board in few minutes
- Double action to inflate your board each time you pull up and push down when the white switching valve is in a flat position
- IN/OUT Double Function Ensure that the air pressure indicator is at a safe value of around 12 psi when inflating
- Ultra-pressure inflatable hose, strong pressure resistance and more safer for use
- Snap-on joint design, suitable for high pressure valves, not easy to fall off
- Built-in pressure gauge shows the pressure reached inside the sup board or boat
- Compact and lightweight design for easy to carry and store
- Bold anti-slip handle for a comfortable grip
- Widened and thickened base design for additional stability
- Perfect for inflatable stand up paddle boards, SUP, boat and kayak etc
Determining What is the Best Pump for a Stand Up Paddle Board
When deciding to move on from your paddle boards inflater you want to look at a few key things to help you make the best choice for your needs and uses.
Choosing to Upgrade the Basic Pump
For most iSUPs you will get a basic pump, these won’t always be fast or as efficient as the other “premium” versions as an automatic pump will obviously allow you to be freed from the manual labor to enjoy talking or relaxing.
Inflation Speed and Pressure
In this area you want to know if the pressure a pump can do will match or exceed the PSI rating on your iSUP to ensure being able to fill it to the max possible pressure for best use. In addition you want to know the speed to know if it is a 6 minute fill or will be a 15 minute fill!
Source of Power
What is your needs for power, do you want an internal battery where you can be away from any power source or are you needing a car or house style power plug?
How much movement do you need, are you always filling near the car or do you like to travel far up the beach prior?
Level of Noise Created
When choosing a new pump you will want to make sure that you pick a pump based on the noise level they will create, many electric pumps will be noisy but only when you are right up close and in the proximity.
For any piece of gear you will use often you will want to make sure the manufacturer stands behind it, preferably the longer the warranty the better as the pumps tend to have issues more over time and use than right out of the box.
This also means you want to make sure they won’t argue that there is sand or foreign material in it as a reason to avoid servicing the pump as they are primarily to be used on beaches and similar rough environments.
Final Tips for Inflating Your SUP
The best advice on how to inflate your SUP properly is to focus on the SUP manufacturer’s instructions. Each and every board will have its own recommended PSI and handling instructions.
There are a great many tips below though on how to properly inflate your SUP:
- Understand Your Boards Recommended PSI – this way you won’t over-inflate and damage it, many pumps will only inflate to 15 PSI but many higher quality pumps can go to 20 PSI but NEVER exceed your boards limits!
- Cleanliness of Valves – Ensure the valves on your SUP are open along with clean of materials like sand or dirt
- Avoid Hard and Rough Surfaces – Do not inflate on rough surface like parking lot, driveway, or gravel, instead you can bring a tarp or blanket if you must inflate on a rough surface to protect your board and extend its life.
- Don’t Chain Inflate Paddle Boards – Your electric pump will typically need to have a break after inflating a single SUP. Depending on the type of SUP and its quality this time could be for up to thirty minutes.
- Check Your Valve Prior – Make sure prior to inserting the hose that you have the Air Valve locked in the closed position, this ensures the valve will close after inflating without losing air and pressure.
- Use Your Electric Pump To Deflate – Most electric pump owners don’t realize they have the ability to deflate their boards using the same pump, this is better than manually as it can get out all the air along with making it easier and faster to store!